Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hualien, Taroko, and the International Marathon Part 4

The next morning dawned clear and fresh in the mountains of Taroko and Hualien. Well, by clear I don't mean the sky as much as the air and the spirit of the place. We stood upon the rooftop and enjoyed the scenery.




Eventually the time to depart came to us and we had to say our goodbyes and thankyous to Mister and his family. The woman in the photo above is Gina's aunt. She cooked us dinner on both nights that we stayed with the family and they were very generous and looked after us well.

Before long we were back on the train heading home.

I really like this shot of us curled around the frame of the doorway. We look so.. curved here. I don't think I could be accused of poor wordplay if I said that I thought that Andrea looked particularly curvaceous in this photo.

The sky, the water, the mountains. All passing by as we settle into a sleep from which we will awake later and wonder if it was all just a dream.

No comments: